Let Teachers SHINE 2018 is now open for applications!
Let Teachers SHINE offers up to £15,000 to teachers who have brilliant ideas to help disadvantaged children succeed in English, maths or science. It’s free to enter and open to any qualified, practising teacher working in England.
- Be innovative – we want to see projects that aim to inspire children in new and exciting ways
- Target economically disadvantaged children – we use Pupil Premium eligibility as a general indicator of economic disadvantage
- Be scalable – we want to see projects which, if successful, can be scaled up and replicated easily, whether that be in other schools or areas, or working with a higher number of students
Apply for Let Teachers SHINE funding!
The deadline for applications is midday on Tuesday 17th April 2018. If you have any questions about Let Teachers SHINE or your application, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0113 280 5872.
The Let Teachers SHINE application process
The assessment process is as follows:
- Stage 1: Submit an online application, providing an outline of your idea, how it would be implemented and how much it will cost. Please remember that the deadline is midday on Tuesday 17th April 2018
- Stage 2: Applications are assessed and SHINE will inform applicants if they have been successful at reaching the next round by 8th May
- Stage 3: Shortlisted applicants are invited to present their idea by phone to the SHINE team during the week commencing 14th May 2018
- Stage 4: A final shortlist of applicants are invited to present their idea in person to a panel of experts, either in Manchester or London in early June