The 2017 Let Teachers SHINE competition has now opened! To apply, please click here to download an application form.
Once completed, please save the application form under your name and submit it using the link below. The deadline for applications is midday on Monday 24th April 2017.
Successful applications for Let Teachers SHINE could be anything that inspires children’s education. A winning idea might involve superb after-school programmes or innovative use of technology. Teachers could work with whole classes, small groups or individuals. Some of our recent winning projects have included peer tutoring, story-based orienteering using tablets, and kinesthetic learning through sports.
However, our winners will have some common characteristics:
- Clear objectives – what exactly is your idea, what do you hope to achieve, who are you targeting, and how will you show us that it works? We’re looking for measurable, meaningful impact.
- A sensible, transparent budget – why do you need the money? For example, do you need to pay Teachers, rent facilities and/or produce resources? We want to know.
- The potential for expansion – we’re looking for projects that we can scale up. If you win and your pilot year is successful, we’ll be very interested in continuing our support so that you can expand what you can do and help even more students.
- Innovation – we’re only interested in genuinely new ideas and fresh approaches. Surprise us.
- Target disadvantage – it must benefit students who experience disadvantage, and aim to improve their educational achievement in literacy, numeracy and/or science.
There is an opportunity to have your application reviewed by one of the panel prior to final submission. If you would like your draft application to be reviewed, please submit it by email to: email@example.com, using the subject: “Draft application for Let Teachers SHINE 2017”. The deadline for submitting draft applications is Sunday 26th March 2017.
We will provide written feedback to you via email by 7th April 2017. You will then need to submit your final application using the link below by midday on Monday 24th April 2017.
Let Teachers SHINE application process
The assessment process is as follows:
- Stage 1: Short written application form, giving an outline of your idea, how it would be implemented and measured, and how much it will cost. Application deadline: Midday on Monday 24th April 2017.
- Stage 2: Shortlisted applicants are invited to present their idea to a panel of Let Teachers SHINE experts. Interviews will take place from the 16th – 18th May in London and on the 17th May in Leeds.
- Stage 3: A judging panel convenes to review the outcome of interviews and to make the final recommendations to the Trustees of SHINE.
- Stage 4: The Trustees of SHINE make the final decision on which projects to support and to what level.
If you have any questions about Let Teachers SHINE or your application, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0208 393 1880.