Let Teachers SHINE is now open for applications!
Let Teachers SHINE offers up to £15,000 to teachers who have brilliant ideas they would like to pilot in their classroom to help disadvantaged children aged 4-18 succeed in English, maths or science. It’s free to enter and open to any qualified, practising teacher working in England.
- Be innovative – we want to see projects that aim to inspire children in new and exciting ways.
- Target economically disadvantaged children – we use Pupil Premium eligibility as a general indicator of economic disadvantage.
- Be scalable – we want to see projects which, if successful, can be scaled up and replicated easily, whether that be in other schools or areas, or working with a higher number of students.
Read more here about projects which have won funding in previous years.
Apply now for Let Teachers SHINE funding
The deadline for applications is midnight on Tuesday 23rd April 2019.
The Let Teachers SHINE application process
The assessment process is as follows:
- Stage 1: Submit an online application, providing an outline of your idea, how it would be implemented and how much it will cost.
- Stage 2: Applications are assessed, and SHINE will inform applicants if they have been successful in reaching the next round by 21st May.
- Stage 3: Shortlisted applicants are invited to present their idea in person in either in Leeds or London in early June.
If you have any questions about Let Teachers SHINE or your application, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0113 280 5872.
Deadline is midnight on Tuesday 23rd April 2019.