Serious Fun on Saturdays @ The Stephen Perse Foundation
The grant recipient
The Stephen Perse Foundation (SPF) is an independent day school in Cambridge stretching from pre-preparatory education through to sixth form. At pre-preparatory stage and sixth form stage the school is co-educational, whilst at junior and secondary ages it is a girls’ school. The Foundation has a proud history of social responsibility and firmly believes in preparing its students for the diverse and varied world that awaits them.
- SPF will help deliver a Visual Arts programme in its fantastic centre comprising a mixed media print room, a fine art studio, a 3D sculpture room and a textiles studio.
- The programme will run for 10 Saturday mornings with each session lasting 2 hours.
- The programme is on offer to 20 talented students from local state primary schools.
- With an aim to cultivate creativity and collaboration, the programme will focus on group work based on classical myths and will cover learning in literacy, classical civilisation, philosophical thinking and of course art.
- Students will be taught by school staff with peer-to-peer mentors to provide support.
- The programme will be monitored by staff using the Key Stage 3 Art and Design framework for 11-14 year olds.
£14,399 over three years. This will contribute towards covering staff costs, materials and the use of high quality equipment.
Visit theStephen Purse Foundation’s website