- Let Teachers SHINE 2015 Winners Announced
- Case studies
- Colin reaches #PitchToRich final
- Video - shine in 2 minutes
- I'm already a supporter
- I'm looking for funding
- I want to know more
- Partner with SHINE
- Read our latest supporters' magazineProject Spotlight
- Sign up to run the Windsor Half
- SHINE Projects in picturesGallery
- Meet the childrenProject Spotlight
- In 2013, 38% of pupils who qualified for Free School Melals got 5 good GCSEs, compared with 64% of their wealthier peers.
Government statistics, 2014 By the age of 5, disadvantaged children have a vocabulary almost one year behind that of children from middle income families.
The Sutton Trust, 2010There are 3.5 million children living in poverty in the UK today. That's more than a quarter of all children.
Government Statistics, 2014Children who grow up in poverty are four times as likely to become poor adults, becoming the parents of the next generation of children living in poverty.
Child Poverty Action Group, 2012Every year, around 1 in 3 children on free school meals leave primary school with poor standards of maths and English - around twice the national average.
National Statistics, 2010Since August 2000, we have invested over £20million in projects to help give all children the best possible education.This money has helped more than 100,000 children from 4,000 schools.Key figures
- SHINE on SaturdayProject Spotlight
- Download our Funding FAQsDownloads