- I'm already a supporter
- I'm looking for funding
- I want to know more
- Partner with SHINE
- Let Teachers SHINE 2016!News
- Sign up to run Richmond!
- StoriesProject Spotlight
- SHINE in 2 minutesAbout SHINE
- In 2013, 38% of pupils who qualified for Free School Melals got 5 good GCSEs, compared with 64% of their wealthier peers.
Government statistics, 2014 By the age of 5, disadvantaged children have a vocabulary almost one year behind that of children from middle income families.
The Sutton Trust, 2010There are 3.5 million children living in poverty in the UK today. That's more than a quarter of all children.
Government Statistics, 2014Children who grow up in poverty are four times as likely to become poor adults, becoming the parents of the next generation of children living in poverty.
Child Poverty Action Group, 2012Every year, around 1 in 3 children on free school meals leave primary school with poor standards of maths and English - around twice the national average.
National Statistics, 2010Since August 2000, we have invested over £20million in projects to help give all children the best possible education.This money has helped more than 140,000 children from 5,000 schools.Key figures
- Our Supporter's MagazineProject Spotlight
- Download our Funding FAQsDonwloads