- I'm already a supporter
- I'm looking for funding
- I want to know more
- Partner with SHINE
- Read our latest Supporters' MagazineDownloads
- SHINE in 2 minutesMultimedia
- SHINE Projects in picturesGallery
- Case studiesProject Spotlight
- By the age of 5, disadvantaged children have a vocabulary almost one year behind that of children from middle income families.
The Sutton Trust, 2010Every year, around 1 in 3 children on free school meals leave primary school with substandard maths and English - around twice the national average.
National Statistics, 2010Last year, only 27% of students eligible for free school meals achieved five or more A*-C GCSEs (including English and maths) - around half the national average.
National Statistics, 2010Disadvantaged students that do perform well at GCSE are still less likely to go onto higher education.
The Sutton Trust, 2010Since August 2000, we have invested over £20million in projects to help give all children the best possible education.This money has helped more than 100,000 children from 4,000 schools.Key figures
- SHINE on SaturdayProject Spotlight
- Download our Funding FAQsDownloads